Career Path Structures for a Leading Consumer Goods Company
- Provide career pathways for the development of 150 high performance-potential talent
- Support in succession identification and planning for Mission Critical roles
- Clarify development competencies and provide duration for healthy progression time-frames
- Group jobs comprising of three distinct job families were further distilled to identify commonalities, relationships and job complexities.
- Career paths were identified in line with job family clusters.
- Career path options were developed to show employee progression and movements along designated paths.
- Governance structure was also recommended to be adopted in implementing the structure.
- Mission Critical Roles (MCRs) were plotted to show various lateral, lattice and stint movements available within their disciplines.
- Required competencies and development needs were also outlined for the MCRs and various job classes around the MCRs.
- Positioning of the roles of top talent personnel on MCR career paths.
The career management framework was clear enough to facilitate the organisation’s self-implementation. Career development forms were deployed to capture actual career aspiration of those in the focus population.
The expectation is that this intervention will improve employee engagement and the retention of top talent, which in turn will impact the bottom line of the organisation. Through this process, we have also facilitated successor identification and development. The designed framework is facilitating the fulfillment of CGC’s corporate objectives.
Aligned employee career paths that boosts employee productivity to achieve set objectives.
Improved employer value proposition.
Enhanced employee retention and engagement.
Find out more, speak to an advisor
Book a FREE consultation or ask a question