The effect of the Covid 19 pandemic has made competency and skills development one of the top priorities for HR leaders. The pandemic has amplified the need for HR and business leaders to review the competencies of their current workforce against the fast-changing business needs and their newly developed strategies. For example, business leaders make routine long-term and short-term strategic decisions about what products, services, or partnerships to develop and the employees needed to deliver accordingly on the jobs. A probable challenge would be the shortage of a skilled workforce to deliver these planned jobs efficiently. This is because several organisations do not have a structured process to facilitate the development and integration of a standard competency model projected to meet future needs. Developing a solid competency model as a blueprint for defining and assessing job skills and behaviours is key to optimising employees’ efficiency and effectiveness in their jobs.
In the wake of Covid 19, pcl. has had more experience working with several organisations across industries to identify and amplify the efficiency of their workforce by developing best fit competency frameworks that have enabled these organisations’ readiness for their current and future of work. Our clear-cut process of developing and integrating solid competency models into the basis of organisations’ operations is summarised below:
Having a solid competency model will help your workforce and organisation to:
- identify the relevant competencies and behaviours that may be used to measure the organisation’s success
- align the current and future employees towards the organisation’s mission and vision
- recruit and retain competent employees propelled for achieving current and future organisational goals
- clearly define the career paths and performance expectations for employees
- identify competency gaps and plan relevant training programs for employees
- enhance the opportunity for employees’ growth and competency development and,
- define a transparent framework for objective feedback and recommendations
The overall goal of optimising the workforce is to improve organisational success. Organisational successes will always be measured by the value and relevance of employees’ competencies and skills for the current and future state of the business.
Is your current workforce competent to achieve the current and future goals of your organisation?
At pcl. we develop competency frameworks in alignment with your organisation’s needs and strategic goals. Contact us today by sending an email to email@example.com