Phillips Consulting runs a robust and comprehensive range of technology programmes; seminars, workshops and conferences, aimed at assessing individuals and organizations to effectively develop and manage their technology skills, competencies and capabilities. As leading professionals in educational practices, our technology experts’ offer structured trainings to meet the ever changing needs of our clients. We cover a full spectrum of specialized programmes in:
Click on the tabs below to view content in each category
In the COBIT® 5 Assessor course you will master the understanding of how to perform a formal Process Capability
Assessment and how it can be used to enable business goals, prioritize improvement activities and identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of IT assets.
The course provides the basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT® 5 Process Reference Model (PRM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance. The course is supported by practical exercises and engaging case-based scenarios.
A successful practitioner candidate will be able to become an assessor or a lead assessor and apply for full ISACA certification if they can supply further proof of the competences required by ISACA.
● Internal & external Auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
● IT auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
● Consultants who want to be allowed to perform independent process assessments on behalf of their clients.
Duration: - 3 days
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT® 5 addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT® 5 framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT® 5foundation level knowledge. COBIT® 5 Foundation is the first step to enroll into COBIT® 5 Implementation and COBIT® 5 Assessor. The COBIT® 5 Foundation exam is a prerequisite to attaining the COBIT® 5 Implementation and COBIT 5 Assessor exams.
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT® 5 and what the framework can provide their organization.
Duration: - 2 days
Get a practical appreciation of how to apply COBIT® 5 to specific business problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios within the organization. Learn how to implement and apply COBIT® 5 into your enterprise and how to effectively use it for client initiatives. Attendees will walk away with an appreciation of how to effectively use COBIT® 5 for different organizational scenarios.
Candidates learn how to apply the COBIT® 5 continual improvement lifecycle approach to address requirements and establish and maintain a sustainable approach to governing and managing enterprise IT as “normal” business practice.
A wide range of IT auditors, IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leadership, IT developers, process practitioners and managers in IT service providing firms, business managers.
Duration: - 3 days
ITIL® Foundation (Version 3) is a three-day course intended to introduce students to the high-level concepts associated with version 3 of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) and prepare students to take the (optional) ITIL® Foundation Certification Examination. ITIL® is a set of books that provides comprehensive and interrelated codes of practice in achieving the efficient support and delivery of high quality, cost effective IT services. The ITIL® Foundation Examination tests the candidate for a basic of understanding of ITIL® concepts.
The primary audience for this course is anyone who is requiring a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
Duration: - 3 days
The TOGAF® 9 Level 1 and 2 combined courses is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the curricula of both Level 1 and level 2. The Foundation level content enables participants to successfully complete the associated TOGAF® Level 1 exam, known as TOGAF® Foundation. The certification provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF®, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF®. The TOGAF 9 Level 2 content focuses on the practical application of TOGAF® framework, building on the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1, using practical scenarios to enforce concepts.
• Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF® 9, e.g. System Integrators, Operational, Business and IT developers, CIO’s and IT Managers, Program and Project Leaders, IT Specialists, Architects
• Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF® 9 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives
• Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artefacts
• Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF® 9 into an architecture practice
• Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF® 9
Duration: - 5 days
This 3-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Operation phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Operation stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
• Individuals who have their ITIL® Foundation Certificate and who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL® certifications
• Individuals who require understanding of the ITIL® Service Operation phase of the ITIL® core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
• IT professionals working in or new to a Service Operation environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
• Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
• Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite
• A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of operation activities within the Service Lifecycle
Duration: - 5 days